On the panel were Eileen Magill, Bob Doerr, Scott Decker, Michael Brandt, and Sam Bradley. Marilyn Olsen moderatied.
- Get everything out first--then do the rewrite.
- Different author do things their own ways, some editing as they write.
- Discussed who else might be involved in the rewrite:
An editor, critique group, readers.
- Be careful who you use as an editor.
- Don't over analyze.
- One writer sees the story in his mind, then blazes his wayt though the story.
- Need to make it clear for the reader.
- Be sure to incorporate dialogue.
- Be careful not to rearrange chapters ot that big clues come to soon.
What to avoid when rewiring.
- Don't fall in love with the first draft.
- Don't keep rewriting the first three chapters.
There was more, but that's all I managed to catch in my notes.