Writing Struggles

I'm working on a new Rocky Bluff P.D. mystery. In this one there is a murder right off the bat. My last two books didn't follow that rule and I don't think they suffered a bit.

In this one I have several topics, designer drugs, Post-partum depression, knowing the baby you're carrying has Down Syndrome and more. Because I use multiple POVs, I have to be careful to weave everything in that I need to make the whole story make sense.

I'm having difficulty making myself write--not sure why except that I've had a lot going on, not the least of these my ongoing blog tour which has taken a lot of time. There isn't a blog today, so I don't have to do any promoting of it.

I keep thinking of other things I need to do, like putting the laundry in the dryer, writing this blog, but I'm promising myself. I will get back to the book as soon as I finish both.

Marilyn
http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com

Comments

williamdoonan said…
I'm going through the same thing right now - trying to get the words down, but it's disturbingly easy to just peek at CNN.com or check in on Facebook. Maybe I should get a typewriter!

William Doonan
www.williamdoonan.com
CNN doesn't lure me away, but email and Facebook both do.
Shilpa said…
You will! But this worries me. If you, such a wonderful and experienced author has difficulty in writing, I think I have no hope!
Oh, Shilpa, I go through spells. When I'm not actually writing, I'm thinking about what ought to happen next.

Marilyn
LD Masterson said…
And then there's spider solitaire. (oh, just one game)
I don't know how to play Spider Solitaire, thank goodness. I often wind down with regular solitaire though.
Kathleen Kaska said…
Keep writing Marilyn. When I have a difficult time, I just tell my self to do for for 15 minutes a day. Fifteen minutes usually turns into an hour or more. Watch the movie Throw Momma from the Train.

Popular posts from this blog

CHANGES by Lois Winston

Cornwall--Land of Mystery by Carola Dunn

THE STORM by John Wills