Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I Took on Another Job

Those of you who know me also know that I already have too much to do. This is kind of a labor of love/

I've belonged to the San Joaquin chapter of Sisters in Crime from the beginning. In fact, I attended the first get-together of like-minded women at the Red Lobster in Fresno for the founding of this chapter and I've been a member ever since.



Because Fresno is a long way from my little village of Springville, I never served as an officer or committee members. 

When the president began talking about modernizing the chapter in different ways, especially the promotion, I suggested that we have a blog. Guess what? She asked me to do it.

Because I've been blogging for such a long time I thought it would be a cinch to set it up. Not so. I ran into all sorts of problems, including getting the URL wrong. It took me forever trying to figure out how to fix it. Then I didn't like the way the format looked so back to square one.

I'm sure as time goes one I may do some more tweaking, but for now you can find it at:
The first post was an introduction to the blog titled, Will Kill for a Story.

The next is about the coming meeting.

Every post will either be by one of the members or showcasing the coming meeting. I'm hoping for lots of member participation.

Marilyn

6 comments:

Jackie Taylor Zortman said...

That's just amazing, Marilyn. I simply do not know how you do all that you fit into every single day. You are inspirational, but I don't think I can keep up with your pace.

Marja said...

Congratulations, Marilyn! You came up with a great idea. Can't wait to check it out.
Marja McGraw

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Jackie: I really don't do all that much. I just don't talk on the phone or leave the house that much.

Marja: It's one way I can do my part for the chapter I belong to.

Thonie Hevron said...

Was this the interview with Simon Wood?

Terell Byrd said...

Thank you Marilyn. You have been a lifesaver and I hope you know how much we love and value you at San Joaquin Sisters in Crime. I looked at the post on Simon Wood this morning and thought, "Oh great, Marilyn found a synopsis." I was at the end of the second paragraph before I realized I wrote the piece - I am going to have to think about getting a full night's sleep. Soon!

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

Thonie, I'm doing the entire SJ Sisters blog--hopefully, I'll soon have others in the chapter contribuing to it.

Ha ha, Terell, that's funny that you didn't recognize your own review. And thanks for the praise--I don't know about being a lifesaver.