Her Kind of Case, by Jeanne Winer
A Review of Her Kind of Case.
This is not a book I'd have picked on my own. It came to me in the mail with a press kit, and of course, I had to read it. And I'm glad I did.
If I had to describe it in quick short terms, it's smart, extremely well written, and a much different and compelling court room drama and much more.
The main character is female defense attorney, Lee Isaacs, who is almost sixty. She takes on a murder case that looks like an impossible win--the defendant, who is only 17, is so drowned in guilt he doesn't want to be proven innocent.
Besides how well-written the novel is, it is filled with great and unusual characters, a most unique and clever plot, and just a darn good read. Probably not one I would have picked for myself, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to read it.
Published by Bancroft Press and it's of course available in all the usual places, and besides being in print it is also an ebook and audio book.
Marilyn
Comments