Today is My Hubby's Birthday!

Wedding picture
My honey is 89 today! Certainly a miracle! None of the men in his family made it past 80.

When I first moved back to his hometown and ate the food his aunt cooked--3 meals a day--and all delicious and fried--I knew that was not the healthy way to eat.

Not that I went on a crusade, but I did try to find other ways to fix food rather than fry. 

Hubby had a pace maker put in about 2 years ago and that made a bit difference too.

Though his knees still give him fits--no one wanted to give him knee replacements because of him being so bow-legged--he still manages to get around using two canes and a walker at times.

We've had a full life together.

After his 20 years in the SeaBees, he worked for Sears for 15. Then we moved to Springville and bought a licensed residential care home for developmentally disabled women. We had six gals living with  us at times. Hap worked side by side with me and did great with our ladies. We did this for 22 years.

Hap and our oldest son both came down with cancer about the same time. Hap was cured, but we lost Mark. It was time for us to retire.

Here's to a pleasant day for Hap!

Happy, happy Birthday!

More recent, though I'm no longer edheaded, and Hap eosn't have a mustache anymore.


Marilyn

Comments

Unknown said…
Happy birthday Hap!!!!
Thonie Hevron said…
Tell Hap I wish him the best birthday ever!
Thonie

Popular posts from this blog

Today is My Birthday!

Need to Catch Up With My Blog Tour?

MURDER, MAYHEM AND GHOST STORIES by Patricia Crandall