Trail to Glory, Also of Interest at the Foothill Authors and Artist Event
Since the event was held on the grounds of the Springville Museum, it seems logical that people would be interested in the two historical family sagas I had to offer.
This one, also based on family genealogy, is about my mother's side of the family.
What was most interesting to learn as I did research for this book, is that so many of the women in the family lost their husbands and had to find a way to make a living for themselves and their families.
Early on, there is a mystery about a twin who goes missing and is never found. Family legends abounded--one being that she had been stolen by gypsies. However, as I researched the history of the area, I came upon something else that might have happened. That part of the story is fiction.
Most of the rest of the book is based on historical fact as related to the characters in the story, based on fact, but fictionalized.
The closer the book gets to this time period, the more close it is to what really happened--or what relatives think happened.
Marilyn
Trail to Glory is available in paperback and on Kindle from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Trail-Glory-Familys-Journey-West/dp/1978134649/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1573399463&sr=8-1

Comments