BAD TIDINGS and where some of it came from
Warning: Bad Tidings is darker than most of the others in the series, and more gruesome.
Much of what happens came from real life--of course, with names and circumstances changed.
The main character in this one is a police detective with a hound-dog face. We had a good friend whose wife always described her husband in those terms. Some of what really happened to his wife is also part of this story.
The murder of the police officer's wife is based on a similar murder, though the officer who was the first suspect, had a good alibi, he was at a poker game with other police officers. (I know because I was present when the husband received the phone call about his wife.)
There is another murder and I think that one was probably triggered by a newspaper article but changed a lot.
Of course I drew a lot on my life at the time I was living in the beach community I based Rocky Bluff on, and at the time we had lots of police officers and their wives as friends and neighbors.
Some of the characters who become major in later books are barely or not mentioned at all, while some of the major characters in this one fade away in future tales.
To buy:https://www.amazon.com/Tidings-Rocky-Bluff-P-D-Mysteries-ebook-dp-B08B4ZSZBR/dp/B08B4ZSZBR/ref=mt_kindle?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=
To buy:https://www.amazon.com/Tidings-Rocky-Bluff-P-D-Mysteries-ebook-dp-B08B4ZSZBR/dp/B08B4ZSZBR/ref=mt_kindle?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=
Marilyn, who writes the Rocky Bluff P.D. series as F. M. Meredith

Comments