NO SANCTUARY--some of where it came from
Over the years I've attended many churches and come to know and be friends with many ministers. (I have three Southern Baptist pastor in my family, and I can assure you, none of them are anything like the two ministers portrayed in No Sanctuary.) My ideas came from bits and pieces of other ministers I've known--but none of them murdered their wife.
The actual building of the older church in the story is pretty much as I remember the first church I attended until I started high school. The big church on the bluffs is completely made up. I've never been to a church that big or new.
One of the subplots came from a talk given by a female police officer at a Sisters in Crime meeting about a case she worked on. I've gotten many plot ideas from talks at our San Joaquin Sisters in Crime meetings. I'm always surprised when more authors at those meeting aren't busily taking notes.
The romance between Officer Stacey Butler and Detective Doug Milligan increases and should make readers happy. But poor Gordon Butler continues to have a more than fair share of bad luck. Of course you'll get to peek into the lives of the other officers of the RBPD and their families.
I wouldn't say this is rated R--more like PG 13.
If you haven't read this one before, I hope you'll take a look.
Marilyn who writes the RBPD series as F. M. Meredith

Comments