Bob Doerr Annunces the Release of THE TREASURE


 


Author Bob Doerr Announces the Release of his Latest Novel – The Treasure

 

Thanks, Marilyn, for this opportunity to be on your blog.  I enjoy writing and telling stories, and in the last twelve years, I have had sixteen books published and have self-published two novellas. All my books are fiction, so a question people often asked me is, “Where do you get all the ideas for your stories?”

I explain that after nearly thirty years in a career that focused on criminal investigations and counterintelligence operations followed by eight years in financial planning, I started my writing career with a plethora of ideas. The stories were all there, bouncing around in my very cluttered mind.  The difficult part is not coming up with a new story, but selecting which one I want to turn into a book.  

  While I have no shortage of ideas to plot out, sometimes my friends encourage me to set my story in a specific place or situation. That’s how my newest book, The Treasure, came about. In my second Clint Smith thriller, Clint discovers a buried strongbox that had likely come off a stagecoach over a century ago. He discovered it while just pretending to be searching the ground with a metal detector on a mesa above a highway outside Las Vegas, NV.  In reality, he was watching a lonely stretch of the road below him for a possible ambush. An actual ambush does occur, and he is drawn away from his discovery, never returning. A good friend insisted I have Clint return to the strongbox and find out what was in it – hence, this book.

The Treasure is the fourth book in the Clint Smith thriller series. In this book, after a successful mission in South America, Clint heads to Las Vegas on vacation and to dig up the above-mentioned strong box.  Upon inspection, he finds some old gold coins in mint condition and some well-preserved documents. He gives the contents of the strong box to a lawyer to find buyers. One of the documents, unfortunately, creates a maelstrom of violence and murder, and puts Clint squarely in the cross hairs of some Chinese assassins. Clint leaves Las Vegas to keep out of the spotlight, only to find himself going to Alaska in an attempt to rescue a female police officer who had been assigned to protect him in Las Vegas.  

I enjoyed writing The Treasure and hope readers will like the book, too.  Thank you again, Marilyn, for having me on your blog.

****Bob Doerr, an Air Force veteran, has eighteen published books. His books have won a variety of awards, to include being a winner in the Eric Hoffer Awards. Bob was selected as the Author of the Year by the Military Writers Society of America in 2013. Bob lives in Garden Ridge, TX, with his wife of 48 years.

Comments

Bob Doerr said…
Thanks Marilyn, the book should be available on Amazon any day now. When the link is available, I'll post it. Thanks again.
Madeline Gornell said…
Congratulations, Bob! Much success.
John Schembra said…
Congrats, Bob- sounds intriguing!

Popular posts from this blog

Need to Catch Up With My Blog Tour?

Today is My Birthday!

MURDER, MAYHEM AND GHOST STORIES by Patricia Crandall