WHY I WROTE MIMI by Elizabeth Cooke

                             


First, I love dogs. I have had their companionship all my life.

I appreciate their particular sensibilities – in many ways superior to human’s – their loyalty, their ability to understand and ‘hear’ their PERSONS.

 

Second, I love Paris. I spent my mid-20s in The City of Light, after World War 11, and grew and matured there. I have been back many times since and am always enchanted with its aura of amour, its gift of gastronomy, its fashion, the antiquities, the scents and perfumes – oh I could go on and on.

 

What brought me to the moment of writing about Mimi was a photograph, taken by my granddaughter, Nicole Cooke, who, on a trip to Europe, was exploring Paris as I did so many years ago. The picture was of a small, black dog, leashed to the lower half of a young woman with pretty legs in black silk hose.

 

The girl and dog seemed in a hurry to move forward, as if after some special goal, and the vibrancy of the picture, the question of ‘what are they seeking?’ so struck me, that I sat down at the computer and started to write.

 

PARIS LOVES MIMI…THE PERFECT SLEUTH

PARIS FROM A CANINE POINT OF VIEW

 

A prolific author who resides in Cumming, Georgia, Elizabeth Cooke, author of twenty books, brings together her love of writing and love for animals in this incredibly delicious cozy mystery, “Paris Loves Mimi”…The Perfect Sleuth.

 The uniqueness of this story is it is presented from Mimi’s point of view. Few humans have the unique experience of loving Paris in the same way as a four-legged canine creature beloved by the citizens, whose sense of smell and observance leads the dog to relish the City of Light as the City of Aroma.

 Also, Mimi’s sense of justice, her involvement in solving crimes, is in finding olfactory clues from that lower physical level: the odor from a boot; an exposed ankle; the head of a mop: beneath a bed. Her sense of smell is extraordinary and leads to many a conviction.

“Paris Loves Mimi” is a love letter to that city by Mimi – from her POV.

Four-legged, with un petit nez noir (a little black nose), and a passion for all she encounters in her aromatic exploration of Paris, Mimi entrances all who meet her.

Many people in this world are enchanted with the city of Paris. Its beauties are well known: its gastronomy spectacular: and its ambiance is one of amour.

Tout-Paris loves Mimi. And indeed! Why not? 

For more wonderful books by the authors, visit www.eliabethcookebooks.com

Review:

“What an incredible joy to read.  The experiences of Mimi and other characters are filled with delight and anticipation as they face evil, danger and even murder. Mimi and justice prevail, she is certainly a master sleuth.  I love this book” Marcia Rosen, Author

 

 

 


 


 



 

Comments

author said…
This is so terrific, thank you for featuring this book, M. Rosen

Popular posts from this blog

Today is My Birthday!

Need to Catch Up With My Blog Tour?

MURDER, MAYHEM AND GHOST STORIES by Patricia Crandall