And More Research for SPIRIT WIND


Because I was using a real place for the setting of SPIRIT WIND  there were some things I needed to check out.

Because I mentioned the police station, I had to see what Tehachapi's was like. I think the young officer at the window thought I might be a bit bonkers, but he graciously answered my question about what the interview rooms were like, and I could see for myself what the waiting room looked like.

I made up the coffee shop and the fancy steak restaurant, but I used a couple of place I actually visited and enjoyed a meal.

I researched the Indians from the area because I wrote about them too. 

Because I wrote about the place to view the railroad trains turn around and pass themselves, even though I'd been there before I  went again, It's always fascinating. I also wanted to make sure that if you left from there what it would be like to get into town. I also traveled along some curvy mountain roads in remote areas to make sure the ranch house I made up, where the spirit in the wind turns up, could actually be.

When I went to a book signing in Tehachapi, several people told me they knew exactly where some of the places I'd made up were located. Fun!


Marilyn

Comments

M.M. Gornell said…
Love your books(you know that!) and love hearing from you. Whenever I think of Tehachapi(past life remembrances!), think of windmills. Fond memories...
We did have fun at that book festival in Tehachapi, didn't we? I forgot about that.

Popular posts from this blog

Today is My Birthday!

Need to Catch Up With My Blog Tour?

MURDER, MAYHEM AND GHOST STORIES by Patricia Crandall