My First Published Mystery



This is a story about the results of childhood abuse and the resulting consequences in adulthood.

Is also about an unwanted gift of astral projection, a friendship of opposits, a romance, and of course, a murder.

This tale is very different than my others, but I think it has a lot of interesting twists.

So where did this story come from? Many people and places:

  • A family member who shared about her childhood abuse.
  • My imagining what astral projections might be lijeand a few dreams I've had about it--plus some research.
  • The main setting a lot like where we used to live in Oxnard.
  • One of the pre-schools I once worked at including one of the teachers and a couple of students.
  • Research about support groups for people with sexual problems.
  • A whole lot of imagination.
The first publisher for this book was extremely supportive and she later published the first three Deputy Tempe Crabtree mysteries as mass-market paperbacks.

She also got me a spot on a Bakersfield talk show--she was located in Bakersfield. Some of the people who called in had read the book. One man "knew" I had astral projected because I got it so right.
I assured him I didn't have the ability nor did I want it--but he didn't believe me.

The book has since been re-edited and republished. 

I hope some of you will try The Astral Gift.

Marilyn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today is My Birthday!

Need to Catch Up With My Blog Tour?

MURDER, MAYHEM AND GHOST STORIES by Patricia Crandall